Read on to find out more about the help and support available whilst at University to make sure you get the most out of our offer.
Our offer to you
As a University of Salford Student, you have access to a range of online resources, services and opportunities to assist you in moving towards your longer term career goal. That may be setting up your own business, further study or securing a graduate job. We want all of our students to reach their potential and we strive to increase your employability skills, alongside your studies.
What to expect from our service
- Confidential one to one appointments with a careers or small business adviser
- Weekly live masterclasses, such as CV writing, interview skills, working for yourself, networking and much more!
- On demand LinkedIn Learning Tutorials
- Access to Advantage, our dedicated vacancy service
- Employability events, including careers fairs
- Mock Interviews plus access to unlimited on-demand mock interviews via Shortlist.Me
- In depth CV support, plus access to our instant CV checking software CareerSet
- Excellent support to start a business from scratch
- Access to the Santander Universities Employability Programme
- Potential funding opportunities to support your career and/or small business
It is never too early to plan your career - if you are unsure about your next steps or if you have queries relating to your career goals please do get in touch. We understand that making sense of your future plans can feel daunting and we are here to listen and support you.
Speak to an Adviser
Our Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or by calling 0161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.