Student accommodation

Living in student accommodation is a great way to get settled into university life, meet new people and immerse yourself in the student experience.

No matter whether you’re an undergraduate student coming to university for the first time, an international student, or a postgraduate student looking to live in halls, we’ve got some great accommodation options to choose from, including Peel Park Quarter - which was recently voted the second-best halls of residence in the UK by Student Hut.

Campus Living Villages

We work with our accommodation partners, Campus Living Villages (CLV), who manage two accommodation villages: Peel Park Quarter, and John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts.

If you are applying for your first year at University, you can choose to live at either Peel Park Quarter or John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts. If you are a returning or postgraduate student, you can apply only for John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts.

Either way, you can experience student life with plenty of space, just a stone’s throw away from your studies.

You can apply for both Peel Park Quarter and John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts through the CLV website. A deposit of £200 is needed to secure a room.

Room bookings will open in spring 2020 for those who want to join us in September 2020. If you are an offer holder, we will contact you to let you know when booking opens.

If you have any queries about your application for accommodation, you can contact CLV directly on 0161 850 6664 or email The rooms here are popular and fill up quickly, so we'd recommend you book your place early. You'll need your student ID to make an application, which you can find at the bottom of any emails you've received from us.

Explore our accommodation

Peel Park Quarter

This village overlooks the beautiful Peel Park on our main campus, meaning you can be out of the door and into your lectures in a matter of minutes. You’ll also be a stone’s throw away from other campus facilities, such as the student store, library, sports centre and Atmosphere bar and café.  

There are a number of amenities included in the price of this accommodation, such as a cinema room, gym, games room and social area. You’ll also find that student safety is paramount to us, and we want you to enjoy your time whilst both living and studying at our University. Residents of Peel Park Quarter can access the accommodation building using a key fob, and there’s also 24-hour security on site. In the main foyer, the staff at the reception desk are available to answer any questions or queries you may have, as well as sign for any of your parcels and deliveries and grant access to other areas of the building, such as the cinema room or games room.

John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts

These are the closest halls of residence to our MediaCityUK campus and health buildings, so they’re a great choice if you’re studying nursing, healthcare and media-related programmes. They’re also just a short walk from our main campus, making it easy for you to get to the University, as well as Salford Shopping City, where you can do all of your grocery shopping.

John Lester and Eddie Colman Courts have a number of facilities available for you to use at your leisure during your stay in the accommodation, including a gym, reading room, common room and basketball courts. The accommodation also features 24-hour security, free Wi-Fi and parking facilities.

I could not believe how quickly I settled into the accommodation. I was nervous about feeling too old, but there were a mix of ages in my flat which made the experience even better.

Oliver Potter

BA (Hons) Film Production

Student accommodation is often more than just a place to catch up on sleep after a hard day of working and studying; it's also a place to socialise, make new friends and relax in a safe and comfortable environment. Both of our accommodation villages include amenities such as Wi-Fi, on-site social areas and a free on-site gym, as well as 24-hour security.


Unite scholarship

If you are a care leaver or an estranged student, you may be eligible to apply for a Unite scholarship which could cover the cost of your accommodation. Contact our askUS team for more information by emailing

Living off-campus

If you decide halls aren’t for you and want to look for your own place, we recommend using Manchester Student Homes.

Manchester Student Homes offer free house-hunting advice and can help you keep informed of your rights as a private tenant. They only work with fully accredited landlords, meaning they have to comply with strict requirements.

Commuting from home

You may decide that living at home and commuting to University is the best option for you, and there are plenty of public transport links to help you get to our campus.

Salford Crescent train station is located right next to our main campus, and many buses to and from the city centre run along Chapel Street. Our MediaCityUK campus is connected to the Metrolink tram system, and you can also catch the number 50 bus between our campuses for free with your student ID card.

We've also recently introduced two brand new common rooms in University House on Peel Park campus and in Allerton Building on the Frederick Road campus. The Common Rooms have been created with commuter students in mind: they feature chill-out spaces, areas suitable for solo and group study, lounge area with a TV, a kitchenette with microwaves, fridges and hot water, charging points, gender-neutral accessible toilets and lockers for commuter student use.

Hear from our students Aya and Eve, who both commute to University, as they discuss why living at home works best for them.

Group of students with umbrellas walking down the broadwalk on a rainy day

Settling in

Whether you’re a UK or an international student, studying at university is a big change in lifestyle.

There are plenty of reasons why moving to a new city and meeting new people can be one of the most exciting and also daunting times of your life, so we want to help you settle in as quickly as possible.

From taking part in Welcome Week activities, to joining societies and socialising with students in your accommodation or on your programme of study - there’s loads of ways to meet new people. Remember, everyone else is in the same boat as you!

The University's student support service, askUS, is here to help you throughout your time at the University. You can also speak to our dedicated Wellbeing team, should you have any concerns or queries as you settle in and adjust to life at Salford.