Discover the funding opportunities available to our students.
Big Pitch Competition
Pitch your business idea for a chance to win awards of between £500 up to £3,000 in start-up funds.
The Big Pitch Competition provides a funding opportunity to help you turn your business idea into a reality. The funding can be used to test your idea and get your business off the ground.
We encourage applications from anyone who has a passion to make a difference, start their own business, freelance or turn their idea in to a reality. We welcome applications from all areas of study and your idea does not have to be directly related to your studies. The funds can be used to support start-up costs and things such as equipment, marketing, web development, venue hire, product development and insurances.
APPLY HERE – applications will be open from Monday 16th January 2023 and close at 12.00 noon on Friday 24th February 2023
- You must be available to present a virtual pitch on 21st & 22nd March 2023
- You must be available to present a live pitch on Wednesday 10th May 2023
Criteria and considerations when applying:
- You must have the relevant permissions to start a business in the UK.
- Have engaged with the Careers & Enterprise Team.
- You must be able to provide evidence that there is a need for your business using market research.
- Your business idea must be sustainable. For example, this can't be a one-off project, it must be a business that will hopefully make enough profit to be able to sustain itself.
- Any student or recent graduate (within one year of graduating) can apply.
- Your idea needs to have the potential to start trading within the next 12 months.
- Your idea, product or service needs to operate within the Law
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have an innovative project or idea and need funds to make it happen? Why not take a look at FundUs, the University's crowdfunding site specifically designed to support student success.
You will get step by step guidance from the Alumni Engagement team to help you manage your project and crowdfunding bid. This is a fantastic way of raising money for a project or resource by the power of the internet and social media. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Speak to a Small Business Adviser
Our Small Business Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or call +44 (0)161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.