Big Pitch Competition
Turn your business idea into reality and win up to £3,000 in start-up funds!
Join The Big Pitch Competition and secure funding to kickstart your business. Whether you're passionate about making a difference, starting your own venture, or freelancing, we welcome applications from all disciplines. Your idea doesn't have to be related to your studies.
Use the funds to cover start-up costs, equipment, marketing, web development, and more.
Applications for this year's competition will be open from Friday 20th October 2023 and close at 12.00 noon on Friday 12th January 2024
Further details will be advertised across campus at the beginning of the new academic year and if shortlisted you MUST be available to pitch on the given competition dates.
The Big Pitch Grand Final will be held in April 2024*
Criteria and considerations when applying:
- You must have the relevant permissions to start a business in the UK.
- Have previously engaged with the Careers & Enterprise Team.
- You must be able to provide evidence that there is a need for your business using market research.
- Your business idea must be sustainable. For example, this can't be a one-off project, it must be a business that will hopefully make enough profit to be able to sustain itself.
- Any student or recent graduate (within one year of graduating) can apply.
- Your idea needs to have the potential to start trading within the next 12 months.
- Your idea, product or service needs to operate within the law.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
*date and venue to be confirmed.
Bring your innovative project to life with FundUs, the university's dedicated crowdfunding platform for student success.
Receive expert guidance from the Alumni Engagement team to manage your project and create a compelling crowdfunding campaign. Harness the power of the internet and social media to raise funds for your project or resource.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Start turning your ideas into reality today!
Speak to a Small Business Adviser
Our Small Business Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or call +44 (0)161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.