Equity and accessibility
Breaking down barriers
The Equality Act 2010 protects people from discrimination in the workplace and is based on protected characteristics such as age, gender, disability, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.
We've put together some resources to help you locate groups and organisations offering support in the field of employment equality and diversity which will help you find the right support when you need it. This list is not exhaustive, and we encourage you to do your own research too. The Careers and Enterprise Service can also help you explore your options during an appointment.
Get started with these resources for diversity and equality support and information:
- TargetJobs offers advice on workplace equality and your rights written by Equality and Diversity Specialists from AGCAS.
- Equality and Human Rights Commission is an independent quality body that safeguard and enforce laws that protect people's rights.
- Citizens Advice Bureau is an independent and impartial free service offering advice on a range of issues including workplace rights and discrimination.
- VERCIDA, stands for Values, Equality, Respect, Culture, Inclusion, Diversity, Accessibility. They partner with over 100 organisations (public and private) to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Bright Network - Partners with employers to progress students in their careers with diversity critical to their mission.
- The Windsor Fellowship empowers under-represented students to unlock their talent through personal development programs in the UK.