Graduate job vacancies
You can access graduate positions immediately if you have already graduated. Search the latest graduate vacancies online.
Useful websites for job seeking
- Prospects.ac.uk - The UK's official graduate careers website. Prospects produce a series of recruitment publications and a whole host of careers information available online. You can search for current graduate vacancies and register with My Prospects, where you will get access to a range of services including job vacancies by e-mail or text message. View online Prospects Directories.
- TargetJobs - This website is split in two sections – one for careers advice, the second for graduate opportunities. The careers advice area contains graduate profiles, sector specific information and general careers advice. The vacancy database contains over 15,000 jobs with over 1,000 employers.
- Gradcracker - Is the UK's careers website for STEM students. Search for work placements/internships and graduate jobs.
- Student Job - Advertises vacancies for students, graduates and young professionals
- Milkround.com - Expert Careers Advice. Personalised Job Alerts. Apprenticeship Guides. 100s of Graduate Schemes
- cv-library.co.uk - With over 165,000 live jobs and over 10,000 recruiters, they are the UK’s largest independent job site and a great resource for job hunters.
- Best Companies - From the Sunday Times, lists the best small, medium and large companies to work for, based on surveys of the actual employees who work there.
- Glassdoor for Students- A free job search resource customised to meet the specific needs of students. Glassdoor for Students tools include…
- Companies hiring new grads – Real-time information and job openings from companies that want to hire recent graduates.
- Entry-level and internship search – A job search that already filters open positions based on experience level and role.
- The UK 300 - Reveals the top 300 graduate employers, as voted for by students and graduates.
- Inside Careers - Offers in-depth information on a specific range of occupations and is a good source of graduate vacancies, company profiles and events news. As they only work with leading professional bodies, you can be sure that their information is of a high standard.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) - KTP offers graduates with a good degree the chance to work for a successful organisation, managing and delivering a project which is core to the development of the organisation's strategy. KTP offers the chance to apply your degree, start a real job, and gain a professional qualification. See the KTP website for more information.
- The Times 100 Top Graduate Employers - The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers is a guide to Britain’s most sought-after and prestigious graduate employers.
- Jooble - UK and international graduate job vacancies.
- WikiJob's jobs board - Job search engine across the UK
Job hunting in the north west
You can search for vacancies with the Greater Manchester local authorities via Greater Jobs. National and local newspapers can sometimes be a source of both graduate vacancies and part time work. Newspapers such as The Times and The Independent can be searched online via the University Library. You can also search for North West jobs through Indeed.
Speculative job hunting
Many vacancies are filled by candidates who approach organisations on a speculative basis. This usually involves sending off a CV with a covering letter to companies but it is vital to do some preliminary investigation to find out more about the organisation and its employees. You need to make sure that you know enough about the company to decide if a particular organisation should be targeted (i.e. that you have something to offer them and vice-versa) or discover if they are expanding or recruiting.
We recommend the following guides:
Speak to a careers adviser
Our Careers Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or by calling 0161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.