Enterprise is the ability to turn an idea into a successful business, through skills and competencies, to succeed in a highly competitive environment. The Enterprise team offer many opportunities to develop these skills to all students and graduates.
We look after Launch Business Incubator, Start-Up School, run enterprise masterclasses, help with applying for funding sources and awards and more, supporting you to start your own business or think about different entrepreneurial options in future
Launch Business Incubator
Our Launch Business Incubator is a programme that helps you set up your own business in a supported environment.
Ever wonder how other people have a business idea and seem to make it happen? We’ve created a Start-Up School to teach you how to start your own business. The School runs a few times each year, so keep an eye on Advantage events or send us an email to join the next programme.
Enterprise funding for current students
There are many start-up awards and travel awards available for current students. These can help you with the launch of a business or for getting the best experience to develop practical skills that will enhance your employability.
Entrepreneur blogs and websites
A collection of the most successful entrepreneurs out there, sharing tips to make your business work.
- TGIM - Shopify
- Shopify Podcasts - Shopify
- Top 40 Blogs for Entrepreneurs in 2018 - Wealthy Gorilla
- Small Business News, Tips, Advice - Small Business Trends
- Entrepreneur Blog | Blogtrepreneur - For Busy Entrepreneurs
- The Official Chris Ducker Dot Com Blog
- ThinkEntrepreneurship.com - Entrepreneurship Tips, Advice & Inspiration
- The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Steve Blank Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Seth's Blog - Typepad
- Home - Guy Kawasaki
- GaryVaynerchuk.com - Gary Vaynerchuk is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and co-founder of VaynerMedia, - @vaynermedia.
- Enactus Salford: A community of student, academic and business leaders uniting to transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world.
- Business Society: The business society is a place where students can come to meet new people on various different business courses, share their ideas and learn from each other to help their employability.
- Starts: 24 Sep 2020, 3:00 pmFinishes: 24 Sep 2020, 4:00 pmRemaining places: 48If you're thinking of setting up a business or working freelance but not sure where to start, this masterclass will help get you started. We will tackle business planning, where to start and the best business plan for you.
- Starts: 24 Sep 2020, 4:00 pmFinishes: 24 Sep 2020, 5:00 pmRemaining places: 47Are you struggling with managing your time? This workshop will give you tried and tested tips for planning how you spend your time and gaining control of your day.
- Starts: 24 Sep 2020, 5:00 pmFinishes: 24 Sep 2020, 6:00 pmRemaining places: 49Do you need to secure funding to take your project forward? Is your business dependent on start-up funding? This session will cover the top dos and don’ts when it comes applying for funding and finance for your project.
- Starts: 25 Sep 2020, 9:00 amFinishes: 25 Sep 2020, 10:00 amRemaining places: 49Do you need to secure funding to take your project forward? Is your business dependent on start-up funding? This session will cover the top dos and don’ts when it comes applying for funding and finance for your project.
- Starts: 25 Sep 2020, 10:00 amFinishes: 25 Sep 2020, 11:00 amRemaining places: 49Do you have a great business idea? Then make the most of it by presenting it right.
- Starts: 25 Sep 2020, 11:00 amFinishes: 25 Sep 2020, 12:00 pmRemaining places: 48Tips and tricks on how to promote your business, including digital marketing and branding and how to utilize social media for your business venture.
- Starts: 25 Sep 2020, 12:00 pmFinishes: 25 Sep 2020, 1:00 pmRemaining places: 48Social Media Marketing to enhance your business
- Starts: 25 Sep 2020, 1:00 pmFinishes: 25 Sep 2020, 2:00 pmRemaining places: 50Enterprise - it's a word you should know, even if you're not a business student. An enterprise can be a business, company or even a large and complex project, but being enterprising isn't just about starting your own business.
- Starts: 25 Sep 2020, 2:00 pmFinishes: 25 Sep 2020, 3:00 pmRemaining places: 49Develop your creative thinking and problem-solving skills using tried and tested idea generation techniques.
- Starts: 25 Sep 2020, 3:00 pmFinishes: 25 Sep 2020, 4:00 pmRemaining places: 50This session covers the marketing mix, how and why to segment your market, market research, SWOT and PEST, and buyer behavior.