Enterprise is the ability to turn an idea into a successful business, through skills and competencies, to succeed in a highly competitive environment. The Enterprise team offer many opportunities to develop these skills to all students and graduates.
We look after Launch Business Incubator, Start-Up School, run enterprise masterclasses, help with applying for funding sources and awards and more, supporting you to start your own business or think about different entrepreneurial options in future
Launch Business Incubator
Our Launch Business Incubator is a programme that helps you set up your own business in a supported environment.
Ever wonder how other people have a business idea and seem to make it happen? We’ve created a Start-Up School to teach you how to start your own business. The School runs a few times each year, so keep an eye on Advantage events or send us an email to join the next programme.
Enterprise funding for current students
There are many start-up awards and travel awards available for current students. These can help you with the launch of a business or for getting the best experience to develop practical skills that will enhance your employability.
Entrepreneur blogs and websites
A collection of the most successful entrepreneurs out there, sharing tips to make your business work.
- TGIM - Shopify
- Shopify Podcasts - Shopify
- Top 40 Blogs for Entrepreneurs in 2018 - Wealthy Gorilla
- Small Business News, Tips, Advice - Small Business Trends
- Entrepreneur Blog | Blogtrepreneur - For Busy Entrepreneurs
- The Official Chris Ducker Dot Com Blog
- ThinkEntrepreneurship.com - Entrepreneurship Tips, Advice & Inspiration
- The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Steve Blank Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Seth's Blog - Typepad
- Home - Guy Kawasaki
- GaryVaynerchuk.com - Gary Vaynerchuk is a serial entrepreneur and the CEO and co-founder of VaynerMedia, - @vaynermedia.
- Enactus Salford: A community of student, academic and business leaders uniting to transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world.
- Business Society: The business society is a place where students can come to meet new people on various different business courses, share their ideas and learn from each other to help their employability.
- Starts: 22 Oct 2020, 11:30 amFinishes: 22 Oct 2020, 12:30 pmRemaining places: 2Develop your creative thinking and problem-solving skills using tried and tested idea generation techniques.
- Starts: 27 Oct 2020, 10:00 amFinishes: 27 Oct 2020, 4:00 pmRemaining places: 5Want to develop your own projects or start your own business but unsure how to get going? Learn valuable skills that are essential for successful planning.
- Starts: 28 Oct 2020, 10:00 amFinishes: 28 Oct 2020, 1:00 pmBusiness Development
- Starts: 29 Oct 2020, 10:00 amFinishes: 29 Oct 2020, 1:00 pmMarketing incl. Social Media Marketing
- Starts: 3 Nov 2020, 10:00 amFinishes: 3 Nov 2020, 2:00 pmSales Techniques: Securing your First 10 Clients
- Starts: 3 Nov 2020, 11:30 amFinishes: 3 Nov 2020, 12:30 pmRemaining places: 4In this session you will learn the importance of branding for your business. We will explore why it is important to be self-aware of the image you project to your customers, through personal interactions and social media.
- Starts: 12 Nov 2020, 10:00 amFinishes: 12 Nov 2020, 1:00 pmPitching
- Starts: 12 Nov 2020, 3:30 pmFinishes: 12 Nov 2020, 4:30 pmRemaining places: 6This workshop will help you develop your confidence skills, learn how to plan, structure and deliver your pitch effectively. We’ll cover organising content, positive body language and persuasive techniques to keep your audience’s attention.
- Starts: 17 Nov 2020, 11:30 amFinishes: 17 Nov 2020, 12:30 pmRemaining places: 9Social media is a great way to market yourself and your business, bringing in new and repeat custom. But there are so many people and businesses using social media now, that it can be hard to stand out from the all the noise!
- Starts: 19 Nov 2020, 10:00 amFinishes: 19 Nov 2020, 1:00 pmPitching