Whether you're just starting out or advancing through your studies, discover key resources to ace your assignments and boost your skills.
Can’t find what you need? Please contact your Academic Support Team
Key resources for accounting students
Books and Journals
Check Blackboard for your reading list. It has all the core texts for your subject as recommended by your lecturers. All our other books and journals can be found in Library Search.
- ICEAW – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales - some of the information is for members only but the useful insights and features are free to all.
- ACCA - The global body for professional accountants – look at the professional insights for free articles and reports.
- CIMA – Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
- FRC - Financial Reporting Council - provide free access to news and research.
APA 7th Edition is the main referencing style in use at the University. We've compiled an easy to follow list of guidebooks and examples to help you get to grips with complexities of referencing.
Newspapers are a valuable source of information. They provide insight into what interests and concerns people both now and in the past.
The Library provides some excellent newspaper sources that allow you to search simply and easily across many newspapers at once.
Dissertations and Theses
During the course of your studies, you may find that you need to search for dissertations or theses.
You can use Library Search to help you find them and there are a number of different ways to search, depending on what you want to find.
Book a one to one
If you’ve tried our eLearning and classroom sessions and need more help, you can request a one to one appointment for information finding, academic and writing or digital skills. Select your chosen time slot and book on through Advantage.
Book on a workshop
We offer a wide range of face-to-face skills training. If you need to improve your IT skills, learn how to find information for your assignments or improve your study skills this is a great place to start.
All workshops are bookable through Advantage by clicking on the workshop title. Where a session has no remaining spaces you can add yourself to the waiting list.
- Starts: 10 Oct 2023, 11:00 amFinishes: 10 Oct 2023, 12:00 pmRemaining places: 35This workshop is aimed at new students. This workshop covers the different types of assessments at university and how to get started on them.
- Starts: 12 Oct 2023, 1:00 pmFinishes: 12 Oct 2023, 2:00 pmVenue: Peel Park Campus, Peel, Peel Building room 106Remaining places: 19This workshop is aimed at new students. This workshop covers the different types of assessments at university and how to get started on them. This workshop will be delivered on campus.
- Starts: 16 Oct 2023, 12:00 pmFinishes: 16 Oct 2023, 1:00 pmRemaining places: 40This workshop is aimed at new students. This workshop covers the different types of assessments at university and how to get started on them.
- Starts: 27 Sep 2023, 5:00 pmFinishes: 27 Sep 2023, 6:00 pmRemaining places: 85Find out about the main IT tools, resources and services you need to get started as a student at the University of Salford.
- Starts: 5 Oct 2023, 12:00 pmFinishes: 5 Oct 2023, 1:00 pmVenue: MOS Exam - Certiport exam providerRemaining places: 14This is a one-hour online EXAM SESSION for MOS certification. At the time of booking, you must have scored over 70% in GMetrix's 'Testing' mode for your chosen application. Bookings not meeting this criterion will be cancelled.
- Starts: 11 Oct 2023, 12:00 pmFinishes: 11 Oct 2023, 1:00 pmRemaining places: 100This workshop will introduce you to the main IT tools, resources and services you need to get started as a student at the University of Salford. This workshop will be delivered online.