Graduates and alumni
Our offer to you
Our commitment to you extends beyond graduation—our support lasts as long as you need it.
As a University of Salford graduate, you have access to a wide range of resources, services, and opportunities to propel you towards your long-term career goals. Whether you aspire to start your own business, pursue further education, or completely change careers, we're here to empower you to reach your full potential.
What to expect from our service
- Confidential one-to-one appointments with careers or small business advisors.
- FREE access to on-demand LinkedIn Learning Tutorials, covering the most in-demand business, technology, and creative skills. Request a temporary licence until November 2023. Limited free memberships available, so act fast!
- Weekly live workshops on CV writing, interview skills, networking, working for yourself, and more.
- Our vacancy portal which offers exclusive opportunities for graduates. Upgrade your account to a Graduate account to access appointments and events.
- Engaging employability events, including careers fairs.
- Mock interviews and comprehensive CV support.
- Excellent support for starting a business from scratch.
- Access to the Santander Universities Employability Programme (available for graduates within the last three years).
- Potential funding opportunities to fuel your career, start-up, or project.
- Graduate Gateway: A 3-day employability program held annually in August (bookable on Advantage).
Lifetime Service Eligibility Criteria: You must have graduated from the University to qualify for this support.
Accessing Advantage after graduation is easy:
- Reset your password by clicking the red 'Graduate' button on the Advantage log-in screen and selecting 'forgot your password'.
- Enter your network username (roll number) and the email address registered with the University of Salford. Click 'send password reset email'.
- Follow the steps in the automated email from Advantage to reset your password.
- Always log in to Advantage using the ‘Graduate’ button and your new login details.
If you don't have access to the registered email address, complete a log-in request with as much information as possible for faster processing.
Need further assistance? Contact Digital-ITServiceDesk@Salford.ac.uk or call 0161 295 2444.
We're here to support you on your lifelong journey of success.
Speak to an Adviser
Our Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or by calling 0161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.