Graduates and alumni
A service for life… our service to you does not stop after graduation, we will continue to be here as long as you need us.
Our offer to you
As a graduate of The University of Salford, you have access to a range of online resources, services and opportunities to assist you in moving towards your longer term career goal. That may be setting up your own business, further study or changing your career completely. Whatever path you choose to take, we are here to support our graduates to be able to reach their potential.
What to expect from our service
- Confidential one to one appointments with a careers or small business adviser
- FREE on demand access to LinkedIn Learning Tutorials - Learn the most in demand business, technology and creative skills! Request a temporary license until November 2023 (*Please note: We have a limited number of free memberships available, which will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Weekly live masterclasses, such as CV writing, interview skills, working for yourself, networking and much more!
- Access to Advantage, our dedicated vacancy service (you will need to update your account to a Graduate account to book appointments and events, see below)
- Employability events, including careers fairs
- Mock Interviews
- In-depth CV support
- Excellent support to start a business from scratch
- Access to the Santander Universities Employability Programme (must have graduated in the last three years)
- Potential funding opportunities to support your career, start up business or project
- Graduate Gateway - 3 day employability programme run annually in August (bookable on Advantage)
Lifetime Service Eligibility Criteria: You must have graduated / or been awarded a qualification from the University to qualify for this support.
Accessing Advantage once you’ve graduated
All you need to do is upgrade to a Graduate account:
- Reset your password. Please go to the Advantage log-in screen and click the red 'Graduate' button. Then click the 'forgot your password’ link.
- Enter your network username (roll number) and the email address that you registered with the University of Salford. Then click 'send password reset email'.
- Follow the steps you receive in automated email from Advantage to reset your password.
- Once you have reset your password you should always log in to Advantage using the Graduate button and your new login details.
- If you do not have access to the email address complete a log-in request. Provide as much information as you can as this will help us to process your request as quickly as possible.
If you are still having difficulty please contact Digital-ITServiceDesk@Salford.ac.uk or 0161 295 2444.
Speak to an Adviser
Our Advisers are on hand to help. Book an appointment on Advantage or by calling 0161 295 0023 (option 5).
Appointments are available for current students and graduates of the University of Salford only.