The School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology
Join our team and be part of one of the leading centres for practice-based education for creative disciplines within the north-west.
We are proud to be a school that nurtures creativity, values talent, and provides a collaborative space in which our colleagues, students and partners can thrive.
From the £50million New Adelphi building at the heart of the green Peel Park campus, to our MediaCity base in the centre of one of the UK's leading media production hubs, our spaces are a hub for creativity.
Why join our team?
- £50million specialist building home to the next generation of artists, designers, performers, educators, fashion icons, pop-stars, dancers and musicians
- Collaboration is at the heart of what we do - bringing leading research into arts, humanities and social sciences together
- We are the only university to have a campus at MediaCity, one of the country's leading digital and media hubs
- On the doorstep of companies such as BBC, ITV, Dock 10
- We are a hub of creativity and discovery
We pride ourselves on the specialist programmes we offer which benefit from close relationships with industry. A hub of discovery, creativity and innovation, our programmes encompass music, dance, film production, design, media, English and performing arts.
Industry collaboration is at the heart of what we do. Our partnerships help us to deliver research into and across arts, humanities and social sciences. We focus on domestic and international collaborative work, including our Salford International Innovation Studio at MediaCity. Our research anticipates and supports the needs of our media industry neighbours, such as ITV, BBC and Dock 10, developing high impact technologies. Our research helps to improve lives too. Our ‘Design against Crime’ research project helped to transform the design of our cities to ensure they are safer and better suited for our communities.
Did you know?
We are the only university to have a campus at MediaCity, one of the country's leading digital and media hubs
Companies such as the BBC, ITV, Dock 10 and more are based in MediaCity, on our doorstep
We bring research into arts, humanities and social sciences together. With over 100 post-graduate students it is the largest research centre within the university