Here at Salford, we are proud of our diverse community. Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of everything we do.
We aim to raise aspirations for all, removing any barriers and developing an inclusive campus that supports our students and colleagues.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives, as well as making a difference to our partners, communities and industry.
We want people to feel they belong and are valued, and we aim to create an environment where colleagues are trusted and empowered to work in a way that helps them perform at their best.
How do we do this? Here are just some of the ways we support:
- We offer flexible ways of working, to include hybrid working
- Through training and development support, we encourage colleagues to take on new experiences and challenges to develop themselves and achieve their goals
- We collaborate. Partnerships and making connections are key to our delivery and we recognise that new ideas and different perspectives make us stronger. Together we achieve great things
- Through our peer to peer ‘thank you’ scheme, we give everyone the opportunity to recognise colleagues for their individual contributions
- We offer a range of family friendly benefits including maternity, paternity, shared parental responsibilities, adoption and other special leave
- We are always looking to create opportunities to bring our diverse colleague community together to connect, share ideas and have conversations that really matter. Our colleague networks and forums are just some of the ways in which we do this
- We have a dedicated Faith Centre. This a unique space for those with or without faith to come together and build connections
- We recognise that everyone works differently, and we encourage colleagues to work autonomously – giving them the freedom to shape their work and environment to allow them to perform at their best
- We have a generous annual leave package and the option to buy more, to support family friendly working patterns and a work-life balance
- Colleague wellbeing is important to us. We recognise that this is different for everyone and offer a wide range of services and support for physical and mental wellbeing