Head of Discipline (Adult Nursing)
Following 11 years of nursing practice in the role of a qualified nurse I have worked as a lecturer and now senior lecturer within the University of Salford since 2000 undertaking many roles from Modular lead to Programme lead. My subject interests are Anatomy and physiology, Pharmacology,Medicines management and clinical skills. I have both local Trust links and international links with the Universidad de Cordoba in Spain. My research interests are Nurse education and its future direction and Global employability.
- Responsibility for the direction of Adult nursing within curriculi
- Implementation of the Numeracy strategy within Pre registration Nurse Education
- Implementation of the Online Practice assessment document (PER/PARE)
- Medicines management
- Adult nursing and its future
- Digital learning and assessment
- Global employability skills
- Nurse education and its future, global employability, digital learning.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Registered General Nurse
- P.G.Cert Learning and Teaching in HE
- BSc (Hons) Applied Biological Sciences
- MA in Higher Education Practice and Research
- Recordable qualification of Teacher with NMC