Dr. Albert Aidoo-Anderson
Salford Business School
Lecturer in Supply Chains, Procurement & Project Management
Albert is a Chartered member of The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) with PhD & MSc Degrees in Operations, Procurement, logistics & Supply Chain Management from University of Salford and MSc Finance from Dundee University.
Albert’s teaching experience and research interest is in the broader field of Operations Management i.e. Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Project Management, Research Methods and also Digital Business.
Albert has taught various modules at Salford Business School at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate, as well as supervising MSc dissertations.
Albert has extensive professional experience working in various industries including Mining, logistics, Banking, Finance and Health (NHS).
Albert is currently leading a team of academics from Salford University collaborating with other academics from, Manchester University, Manchester Metropolitan University and Bolton University to develop an Online Leadership Programme for Greater Manchester Small Businesses (SME’s) called OPEN SME. This is a £1Million project, funded by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)The project continues to be a success and immense help to businesses in Greater Manchester especially Post Covid-19 Pandemic.
Areas of supervision
Forecasting and Big data Analytics, Designing Smart Logistics in SMEs, Quantitative/Qualitative Methods of Demand Forecasting for SMEs
I teach both Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes at Salford University Business School. Modules I teach include:
- Operations Management,
- Customer and Supplier Engagement,
- Global Supply Chain Management,
- Project Management leadership and Skills,
- Logistics, Procurement & Contracting and Quantitative Research Methods.
Albert’s research falls within Operations Management and Operational Research. It focuses largely on Forecasting in the following sectors:
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Health Care
- Oil & Gas
- Small Medium Enterprises and more
- PhD in Operations Management (Supply Chain, Logistics and Project Mgt)
- MSc in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc in Finance
- BCom (Hons) (Accounting, Auditing & Finance)
- Postgraduate Certificate Academic Practice (PGCAP)
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy – FHEA