Lecturer Practitioner in Emergency Nursing
Academic career within Emergency Nurse Practitioner preparation and Advanced Practice Professional Development Lead within the Emergency Department Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- One of the original author of the Manchester Triage System and co-edited the 2006 2nd edition and 2014 3rd Edition.
- Outgoing Vice President of the National Major Trauma Nursing Group.
- Board level involvement with the Trauma Nursing Core Course since its introduction into the UK in 1990. Currently Director of Education.
- Member of RCEM, NHS England Advanced Clinical Practitioner Curriculum Working group.
- Module Leader Developing Clinical Skills - Level 6 & 7, preparation of Nurse Practitioners – three branches, Injury, Illness & Paediatric
- MSc Advanced Practice - Module leader Practitioner Competence and Portfolio lead throughout the MSc. program
- Teaching input for: Clinical Examination and Independent Learning Modules MSc Advanced Practice
Qualifications and Memberships
RGN, RNT, BA, PG.Dip. MSc. FRCN.
Gloster, A., Neville, L. & Windle, J. (2015). Effects of advanced practitioners' learning in one hospital. Nursing Management, 21(10), 23-30.
Mackway-Jones, K., Marsden, J., & Windle, J. (2014) Emergency Triage. London. Wiley Blackwell