Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy/Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
My Counselling and Psychotherapy experience to date has most notably involved working with bereavement, loss, life changing illness, abuse, mental health, emotional wellbeing, and work related stress. I have experience of working in a NHS setting, a HE counselling service and a bereavement counselling charity where I currently volunteer. I am particularly interested in the lived experience and processing of trauma. I have a holistic approach to health and wellbeing in which I work therapeutically with the whole person; considering psychological, physiological and emotional aspects, as well as any transpersonal phenomena which may arise in the process.
Modules I currently teach on:
Social Sciences Foundation Year (Level 3):
- Study Skills
- Module Leader for Introduction to Counselling
BSc Counselling & Psychotherapy:
- Level 4: Counselling & Psychotherapy Skills
- Level 5: Theory of Counselling & Psychotherapy Practice; Practice Based Reflection & Research; Professional Counselling & Psychotherapy Skills; Preparation for Counselling & Psychotherapy Practice
- Level 6: Personal & Professional Development 2; Expressive Therapies; Dissertation module - Dissertation Supervisor (Theoretical Studies students) & Clinical Supervisor for students on placement.
- Level 7: Mental Health for Counsellors - Group Supervisor (Year 2 students) & Dissertation Supervisor (Year 3 students)
- Experiential learning,
- personal development,
- practice based research.
- Phenomenological research methodology
- Practice based research
- Transformational and educational research projects
- Working creatively and therapeutically with traumatic loss
I am currently working on a chapter using heuristic autoethnographic methodology in working creatively and therapeutically with traumatic loss.
Qualifications and Memberships
Certificate in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy Supervision (Macclesfield Counselling & Training Centre)
MA Counselling & Psychotherapy (The University of Leeds)
MA Translation Studies (The University of Sheffield)
BA (Hons) German Studies (The University of Sheffield)
I also have qualifications in Hot Stone Therapy, Aromatherapy Massage and Indian Head Massage.
I have attended a range of CPD training courses relevant to Counselling & Psychotherapy, including Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Working with Suicide and an Art Therapy Foundation course.
I am a registered Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP)
I am currently completing the PGCAP at Salford University.