Professor Kirk Chang
Professor of Human Resources Management / HR Consultant and Mediator
Kirk Chang is professor of human resource management (Salford University, UK). He received his Ph.D. in Occupational Psychology (Manchester) and was awarded his first lectureship in 1995. His current duties involve supervising scholarly activities, leading business consultancy and managing research development. Prof. Chang is also a HR consultant and mediator at the HC HRM Consultancy Ltd and his clients include private sectors, SMEs, local councils, NGO charities and the NHS. Prof. Chang is a Chartered Scientist of the British Science Council (CSci), Academic Fellow of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD), Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), Member of the British of Academy of Management (BAM), Member of the International Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP), Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) and Fellow (AFBPsS) of the British Psychological Society. His research focuses on employee management strategies and artificial intelligence management. Prof. Chang is a media commentator and has published book chapters, reviewing reports and peer-reviewed journal articles in both British and international journals, and presented research papers at conferences in fifteen countries around the world.
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour and Occupational Psychology
- Artificial Intelligence in Personnel Management
- Quantitative Data Analysis and Method
- Artificial Intelligence in personnel management
- Employee lying and intervention
- Discrimination (e.g. ostracism, cynicism) in the workplace
- Gossip effect in the workplace
I am currently supervising doctoral students on the following topics: leadership development, employee development and management after maternity leave, corporate social responsibility and its practice, employee performance management, employee engagement and organisational performance in hospitality industry.
I would be interested in supervising future doctoral students in: the general areas of human resource management, artificial intelligence in management, and diverse employee behaviour.
Qualifications and Memberships
- PGCE. Learning and Teaching in Higher Education. University of Lancaster, UK.
- Ph.D. in Occupational Psychology. University of Manchester, UK.
- Certificate in Professional Research Skills. The Victoria University of Manchester, UK.
- Certificate in Business English. Oxford Brookes University, UK.
- Certificate in Graduate Demonstrator Curriculum. University of Manchester, UK.
- Certificate in Research & Career Management. The Victoria University of Manchester, UK.
- Certificate in Occupational Testing. Level B. Int. The British Psychological Society, UK
- Certificate in Occupational Testing. Level A. The British Psychological Society, UK.
- M.Sc. in Occupational Psychology. University of London, UK.
- B.Sc. in Medical Sociology, Psychology. Kaohsiung Medical University, TAIWAN.
Professional Chartership, Fellowship and Membership
- Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register. Registered Consultant (OSHCR)
- The British Academy of Management. Member (ID: 21827)
- The Higher Education Academy. Fellow (FHEA; Ref: 38007)
- The British Psychological Society. Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol; Ref. 108837)
- The British Psychological Society. Associate Fellow (AFBPsS; Ref. 108837)
- The British Science Council. Chartered Scientist (CSci; Ref. BPS/118/108837)
- UK University and College Union. Formal Membership (2006-2010).
- The British Council Taipei. Graduate Membership.
- International Association of Applied Psychology. Member (Ref. 1573210).
- Taiwanese Psychological Association. Formal Membership.
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Academic Fellow (FCIPD)
For further information about my publications please see my SEEK Research Profile