Lecturer in Construction Management
Shaba Kolo is a Lecturer in Construction Management, he joined the University of Salford from Solent University, Southampton where he was a Lecturer in Construction Management. His PhD is focused on the adoption of Offsite Manufacturing in Nigeria. Prior to this PhD, he completed a Masters in Construction Project Management with Distinction from the University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK. Also, he has a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying from Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria.
Shaba is not only passionate about research but is also research active. His research interests include; Offsite Construction/Manufacturing, Housing Development, Design for Manufacture and Assembly and Construction Process Improvement.
Shaba has years of practical construction experience as he has occupied different positions like Quantity Surveyor on Site and Project Officer. Shaba is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and Incorporated Member of the Charted Institute of Building and also an Associate Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Project Management Practice
- Economics and Management
- Offsite Construction/Manufacturing
- Housing Development
- Design for Manufacture and Assemble
- Construction Process Improvement
Qualifications and Memberships
- A.M. ASCE
- Daniel, E.I., Garcia, D., Marasini, R., Kolo, S.J., & Oshodi, O (2019), ‘Improving Construction Management Practice in the Gibraltar Construction Industry’ In:, 27th Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction. (Accepted for Publication)
- Pour Rahimian, F., Goulding, J., Akintoye, A., & Kolo, S. J. (2017). Review of Motivations, Success Factors, and Barriers to the Adoption of Offsite Manufacturing in Nigeria. Procedia Engineering.
- Kolo, S. J., Rahimian, F. P., & Goulding, J. S (2016). Offsite Manufacturing in Nigeria: Feasibility Research and Future Directions. In N. Achour (Eds) Proceedings of the CIB World Building Congress 2016 Advancing Products and Services. Vol. V.
- Kolo, S. J., Rahimian, F. P., & Goulding, J. S (2015). Housing Stakeholders’ Perspective of Offsite Manufacturing in Nigeria. In X. Wang, & H-L. Chi (Eds.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovative Production and Construction (IPC 2015). Perth, Western Australia.
- Kolo, S. J., Rahimian, F. P., & Goulding, J. S (2014). Offsite Manufacturing: The Way Forward for Nigeria’s Housing Industry. ALAM CIPTA, International Journal of Sustainable Tropical Design Research and Practice, 7(1).
- Kolo, S. J., Rahimian, F. P., & Goulding, J. S. (2014). Offsite Manufacturing Construction: A Big Opportunity for Housing Delivery in Nigeria. Procedia Engineering, 85, 319-327. doi: 10.1016/j.proeng.2014.10.557.
- Kolo, S. J., Rahimian, F. P., & Goulding, J. S (2014). Housing Delivery in Nigeria and the Opportunity for Offsite Manufacturing. Paper presented at the Creative Construction Conference, Prague, Czech Republic.