Job Hunting, Employment and Disclosure
TargetJobs Events - provides information on recruitment events. Some events are specifically focused on minority groups
Employ-ability - advice and opportunities for disabled students and graduates
Usemyability - website for disabled students with a focus on employability
Remploy Ltd - Remploy creates economic independence for disabled people through work. Remploy finds jobs for disabled people in major organisations.
Diversity Jobs - The UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers website, Diversity Jobs, make it easier for jobseekers to find and apply for jobs with a diverse range of employers.
- Diversity Jobs only work with employers that have inclusive hiring policies
- Their employers want applications from a broad cross section of society
Great with Disability - Provides job hunting advice for students and graduates with disabilities or long term health conditions. Provides information on organisations and their approaches to disability as well as opportunties.
Shaw Trust - Shaw Trust is a national charity that provides training and work opportunities for people who are disadvantaged in the labour market due to disability, ill health or other social circumstances. We are the largest UK provider of employment services for disabled people.
Scope Employment Service - Provides support for people with disabilities to gain employment.
Association of Disabled People - ADP is a membership organisation for disabled people living in the UK. Its services include the provision of employment advice, information and/or peer support.
The National Autistic Society: Support for employment pages gives information on looking for work, in work & information for students.
Equal Opportunities Advice
The following collection of websites have been collected together by Careers and Employability. These websites will give you further information, advice and key pointers for further action.
- Employers Forum on Disability - Companies who are members of the Employer’s Forum on Disability are actively working to improve work prospects for disabled people. There is a list of members on the site.
- Jobcentre Plus - This site has a guide to the ways the Jobcentre can help you to get into work. You will also find information on the Disability Symbol which employers who have made commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled people use.
- Skill - National Bureau for Students with Disability - They provide a free information and advice service by email or telephone, there is also lots of information relating to employment on their website.
- Disclosing Your Disability - This Skill information sheet is very useful, as it contains information on understanding the DDA, confidentiality, reasons for and against disclosure, timing a disclosure, answering questions about your disability, and some good further information.
- Work Choice - Is a specialist employment programme to help people with disabilities find work and stay in work.
- The Big Idea - This website is powered by Diversity Jobs and hosts a range academic research, statistics, and articles on Diversity & Inclusion.