Skip to main content

Right to work and National Insurance numbers

Right to Work

Most International Students can work up to 20 hours a week (Mon-Sun) during term time and full time during vacations. However, it is crucial that you confirm your permission to work before starting a job. You can do this by:

Tax and National Insurance Numbers

Everyone who wants to work in the UK MUST have a National Insurance Number (NIN). The NIN acts as an account number and makes sure that you pay the correct amount of tax and National Insurance contribution.

Please click on the following to find out more information about:

Applying for jobs:  Get Help with Applications

Finding Work

There are many ways that you can find work whilst studying in the UK. The best routes are:

Useful Contacts