Study and research
Our Study and Research section covers all the essential study, research and personal effectiveness skills you need to succeed in your studies.
Our TOP TEN eLearning topics for assessments
- Approaching your assessments: six steps to success [15 mins]
- Approaching your essay [15 mins]
- Planning your search for academic information [15 mins]
- How to use Library Search to find academic information to use in your assessments [15 mins]
- Writing at university [30 mins]
- Using evidence in your work
- Developing your academic voice [45 mins]
- Critical writing [60 mins]
- APA 7th reference examples
- Using MS Word to format your essay
Study and Research Support
Academic Skills Workshops
Elevate your skills and knowledge with us!
We offer a wide range of academic skills workshops delivered online and in-person on campus. This is a great place to start if you want to:
- Improve your study and research skills.
- Develop your IT and digital skills.
- Focus on your maths and numeracy.
Workshops are added regularly, so keep checking back to see what's new!
Academic Skills Appointments
If you have checked out the support on this site and would still like specialist help with your academic, information finding or numeracy skills you can request a one-to-one appointment. We offer appointments on campus (face-to-face) and online.