Dr. Vincent Chiduziem Uzomah
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Lecturer in Civil (Water) Engineering
I joined the University of Salford as a lecturer in Civil (Water) Engineering in 2016. Prior to this, I was a part-time lecturer at the University from 2015 to 2016. My teaching experience has spanned across different academic levels including being: a lecturer at the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, Nigeria from 1990 to 1999, and a teacher of Physics in an outstanding school in Bradford, UK.
My lecturing career started after my graduation in B.Sc. (Hons) (First Class) in Agric/Environmental Engineering and M.Sc. (74% weighted average) in Soil & Water Conservation Engineering.
I have executed some consultancy projects including: the design of storm water drainage systems for the Federal Polytechnic Community Bauchi; the development of trickle irrigation systems using local raw materials; water quality assessment and its corresponding public health implications; and the assessment of atmospheric deposition of pollutants in an oil flaring region.
I have received some outstanding academic scholarships/awards such as: Graduate Teaching Assistantship/PhD Studentship from the University of Salford; Chevenings/Rothmans/University of Leeds Scholarship for the study of M.Sc. in Public Health/Civil Engineering at the University of Leeds; and Nigerian Federal Government Postgraduate Scholarship for the study of M.Sc. in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Areas of research
Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems, Decision Support Tool, Wastewater Treatment Systems, Recycling Treated Wastewater for Irrigation Purposes, Biofilters
Water & Waste Water Treatment – (MEng Civil Engineering students)
Civil Engineering Mathematics 1 - (BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering students, BEng (Hons) / MEng Civil Engineering students, and BEng (Hons) / MEng Civil and Architectural Engineering students)Case Studies in Environmental Engineering (co-lecturing) – (BSc (Hons), BEng (Hons) and MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering students)
Design of Highway Drainage Structures / Transport Infrastructure Design & Analysis (co-lecturing) – (MEng Civil Engineering; MSc/PgDip Transport Engineering and Planning)
Research interests include:
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems:
- Urban tree species interactions with nearby road structures.
- Water Resources and Wastewater Treatment Technologies.
- Flood mitigation
- PhD in Civil Engineering, University of Salford, UK.
- PGCAP (Postgraduate Cert. in Academic Practice), University of Salford, UK.
- M.Sc. in Public Health/Civil Engineering, University of Leeds, UK.
- M.Sc. (74% Weighted Average) Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
- B.Sc. (Hons), First Class in Agric/Environmental Engineering, University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
Member, Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
Member, Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- FHEA (Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK).