Dr. Uche Joyce Ogbonda
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Lecturer in Property and Real Estate
I am currently undertaking my PGCAP and a lecturer in the Real Estate and Property Management programme in the School of Built Environment, the University of Salford, United Kingdom. Prior to joining the University as a lecturer, I completed my PhD research at the same University during which time I assisted with teaching on a voluntary basis and as an Hourly Paid Academic (HPA). Previously, I lectured at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology now Rivers State University for over 8 years where I prepared and delivered lectures on Real Estate modules such as Valuation, land economy, Real Estate Development, Real Estate Investment, Building maintenance and services, Real Estate Economics, Environmental Impact Assessment. Other responsibilities include;
- I was made the coordinator of Students Industrial Work experience scheme (SIWES) which provided year 4 students with industrial base training and experience.
- I was the IT coordinator for Estate Management Department, carrying out and rectifying different information Technology need of students and staff in the Department.
- I was also the designated personal tutor for year 4 students
- And the project supervisor of final year students where I supervised more than 30 projects all focusing on different areas in Real Estate and Management.
I have also worked in the industry with one of the top estate surveying firms in Nigeria where I led and carried out the following responsibilities;
- The lead property investment analyst in charge of real estate speculation and investments.
- Carried out various oil spillage and right of way compensation projects between communities affected, and oil companies like Shell, Agip and Elf.
- I was also assigned portfolios for management purpose which included a week to week inspection, repairs, serving of notices, rent collection and the bridge between investment owners and tenants.
- A term member in property development process in construction projects undertaken by the firm
As a surveyor, I was the West African coordinator of African Real Estate Surveyors (AFRES) with over 12 countries on my folio and was responsible for coordinating and organising conferences in different countries as agreed by members.
- Introduction to Property and Real Estate Management
- Introduction to Urban Regeneration
- Multidisciplinary Project
- Real Estate Project
- Asset Management
- Property Development.
- Real Estate investments
- Real Estate Sustainability
- Sustainable materials
- Air quality Value and Management
- Social value
- PhD school of Built Environment University of Salford
- MSc in Real Estate Investment University of Reading
- BTech Estate Management Rivers State University of Science and Technology