Dr. Susantha Udagedara
Salford Business School
International Recruitment Lead
Dr Susantha Udagedara has over 20 years of experience in research and teaching in the UK, China and Sri Lanka. Previously, he taught business management-related subjects at the University of Kelaniya (Sri Lanka) and had visiting appointments at the University of Rajarata (Sri Lanka) and the Manchester International College (UK). Dr Udagedara is also working as an external examiner at Keele Business School. He has supervised and supported a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and continues researching into entrepreneurship, innovation and small business-related issues in both advanced capitalist countries and emerging/less-developed countries.
Areas of supervision
Innovation management and small businesses, with particular interest in organisation dynamics an innovation within the context of both advanced capitalist countries and emerging/less developed countries.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Market Research
- Research Methodology
- Innovation management and small businesses, with particular interest in organisation dynamics and innovation within the context of advanced capitalist countries and emerging/less developed countries.
Recently completed PhD supervision projects:
- Exploration of the innovation process in small digital marketing agencies in the UK: Understanding the implications of social, knowledge and structural capital.
- Examining the empowerment of women borrowers participating in Interest-Free Microfinance programs in Pakistan
- An Exploration of Organizational Elements on Social Media Platforms Based Knowledge Sharing of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Malaysia.
- A Study on the Implication of Knowledge Transfer and Social Capital on Fostering Innovation Within the Partnership Between Universities and Technology-Based Small Firms (TBSFs)
- An exploration of organisational hybridity in social enterprise organisations in Greater Manchester.
- BBM (Hons)
- Fellow The Higher Education Academy
- Member of Charted Institute of Management