School of Health and Society
Allerton Room C605
Please email for an appointment.
I qualified as a Social Worker in 1989 and worked on a child protection team, in Moss Side, Manchester. I have also worked as a specialist social worker for looked after children on a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Team in Blackpool.
- Direct work with Children and young people
- Attachment and the impact of trauma on development
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights
- Depression and anxiety in young people Impact of trauma
- Gypsy, Roma, Traveler Children in the Care System ERRC commissioned research
- 1985: BA (Hons) 1st class Geography of Africa and Asia, School of Oriental and African Studies
- 1987: Diploma in Social Work and CQSW, University of Lancaster
- 1992: MA Women’s’ Studies, University of Bradford
- 1993: PGCE with Distinction in the Practice of Teaching, University of Manchester
- Health and Care professionals Council : SW85192