School of Arts and Media
Lecturer in Media
I have been responsible for and contributed to the continued development of learning and teaching of media with respect to current pedagogic practice and developments within the industry across the University of Salford, School of Arts and Media. I have led, delivered and developed media production learning and teaching across a range of programmes including, MA TV Documentary Production, MA Fiction Film Production, BA (Hons) Television and Radio, BA (Hons) Media & Performance, BA (Hons) Media, Language and Business, BA (Hons) Professional Broadcast Techniques, HND Media Production, HND Media and Performance, HND Physical Theatre and Dance.
Alongside my teaching practice, I have continued to develop work in the areas of video installation and filmmaking. Having undertaken a number of solo exhibitions and private commissions I now continue practice through research and development relevant to filmmaking practice and with a view to current developments in digital media.
Film Development, Directing, Practice Research, Media Production Techniques and Technologies (Camera, Sound and Edit)
I am currently pursuing post-graduate study with a view to completing a PhD thesis involving a number of practice-based projects exploring film installation and, an exploration of the creative potential of different forms of the relay and display of narrative in film. I am also more widely interested in the creative and social impacts and application of media and new media technologies. I have developed and sought to address a number of concerns through my engagement and practice:
- the application of media technologies by the film, visual and design arts, and the varying image concepts produced;
- video installation, site specificity and spectatorship as a complicit form of performance, and as critique of the concept ‘inter-active’, and ‘passive’ in their application to audience behaviour;
- the dissolution or representation of physical, architectural, and inhabited space/time through digital media distribution systems;
- the impacts new technology has on the role and function of the visual artist/designer and traditional media practitioner;
- the impact that media and new media technologies and distribution has on the generation and distribution of knowledge
- Currently working towards a PhD
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in H.E, The University of Salford
- BA(Hons.) Fine Art, University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne