School of Health and Society
Lecturer in Podiatry and Podiatry Placement Lead
Nikki qualified in 2001 with a BSc (Hons) Podiatry from the University of Huddersfield. She began her career working as a Senior II Podiatrist for Community Heath Sheffield. From there, Nikki worked for the Arthritis Research Campaign (ARC), based within the Epidemiology Unit at The University of Manchester, as a Research Assistant. Alongside working in Private Practice, Nikki has a wealth of experience within the NHS both in Community and an Acute setting. She has worked as a Specialist Podiatrist for Liverpool Community Health and Bolton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, within the Musculoskeletal Therapy Department, before commencing as Clinical Lead at Bolton, working extensively in orthopaedics for both Adults and Paediatrics.
Nikki started working for the University as a part time Clinical Lecturer in 2016, she was then appointed as a Teaching & Learning intern within Podiatry in 2017 and now in 2020 has been appointed as a lecturer in Podiatry. Nikki’s current teaching responsibilities run across all levels of the Podiatry programme but mainly lie within the area of musculoskeletal podiatry. Nikki is also Level 5 year manager and the Lead for Podiatry NHS Placements.
Within Private practice, Nicola has worked with a variety of elite athletes and the Armed forces and continues to work for Premex + Services as an expert witness within medical negligence. Nicola is hoping to complete her PhD within the area of teaching & Learning in Musculoskeletal Podiatry.
- Musculoskeletal Conditions 1 (Level 5)
- Contexts of Clinical Practice (Level 5)
- Methods of Enquiry Dissertation (Level 6)
- Teaching Team for Musculoskeletal Conditions 2 (Level 5)
- Examiner for Local Anaesthesia (Level 5)
- Musculoskeletal Injuries and Sports Injuries
- Foot function in adults and children
- Improving Musculoskeletal clinical practice within Podiatry
- Clinical Gait Analysis
- The expansion of Podiatry Placements
- PGCert Sports Podiatry
- BSc (Hons) Podiatry
- HCPC Registered
- Member of the College of Podiatry
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy