Dr. Mohammed Ali
Salford Business School
Maxwell Building, Room 613.
Please email to arrange an appointment.
Lecturer in Digital Business and Programme Leader in Business Management with Innovation and Technology
Dr. Mohammed Ali is a senior fellow in higher education who joined Salford Business School in 2022 as a lecturer in digital business and information systems.
Dr. Mohammed Ali has over a decade's worth of experience in the IS/IT field, with over 7 years of teaching in this field in higher education. He has been a Lecturer in Information Systems and Big Data at the Institute of Management, University of Bolton, and a Professor Assistant at the University of Manchester. Dr. Mohammed obtained his PhD in information systems at the University of Manchester.
Dr. Mohammed’s research interests span the socio-technical and system complexities of information systems and digital disruption. He is also very active in the information systems research community, where he has led three editorial books in the areas of information systems, business and digital transformation, and published articles in areas such as cloud computing, big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of Things, among other areas. Currently, he is in the process of developing a textbook on contemporary information systems research design.
Areas of research
Socio-technical and system complexities of information systems and digital disruption
Areas of supervision
Complex issues in information systems development, Systemic practice in information systems action research, Sociotechnical issues in information systems adoption, Digital innovation and sustainability theories
- Dr. Mohammed is currently leading undergraduate and postgraduate modules. Core subject areas include digital business, web application design, innovative problem solving, operations information management and team project.
- He has also previously taught modules such as strategic information management, big data and information technology, supply chain management and information systems and performance.
- Dr. Mohammed’s research interests lie within the socio-technical and system complexities of information systems and digital disruption, with a particular emphasis on cloud computing, the Internet of Things, Artificial intelligence, Big Data, industry 4.0/5.0, digital business, and the impact of rapid digitalisation on environmental sustainability.
- Dr. Ali is in the process of writing a textbook on contemporary information systems research design for Palgrave Macmillan, which is anticipated to be released in 2023.
Dr. Mohammed is a member of the following institutions
- Association for Information Systems
- UK Academy for Information Systems (UKAIS)
- Advance HE
- British Academy of Management
- Manchester Institute of Innovation Research (MIoIR)