Dr. Mohammad Albahloul
Salford Business School
Maxwell Building Room 302
Please email for an appointment.
Lecturer in Accounting & Finance
Dr. Mohammad Albahloul is a Professionally Certified Accountant and a lecturer in Accounting at the University of Salford. He is currently leader of three PG Programmes. His research focuses on the international characteristics of accounting profession, auditing and accounting education. Prior to joining Salford University, he worked as International Consultant, and obtained his PhD at Manchester University. He has gained a valuable consultancy experience in accounting and auditing reforms including projects management in UK and overseas. He has a massive teaching and academic experience from working in both UK and overseas higher education institutions. I joined Salford University Business School in January 2015 as a Lecturer in Accounting. I specialise in Auditing and my research interest focuses on the international characteristics of accounting profession and accounting education (i.e. IFRS / IAASs / IESs). I have had previous academic positions at many national and international universities; UK and overseas. Valuable management consultancy experience has been gained in accounting and auditing reforms. Currently my teaching is under/post graduates degrees and supervising master and PhD students.
- Auditing and Assurance, Financial Risk Management, Management Decision Making, and Ethical & Islamic Finance. Management Accounting Techniques for undergraduate degrees in Accounting & Finance.
- Islamic Financial Market and banking for Postgraduate taught degree.
International Accounting and Auditing (IFRS / IAASs / IESs), Accounting Education (Curricula Development for Accounting Programme).
- PhD in Accounting & Finance, Alister Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PgCAP), University of Salford,
- MSc. (Res) in Accounting and Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, Damascus Universty.
- BSc (Hon) in Economics, Tishreen University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member of the British Accounting & Finance Association (BAFA)
- Member of the Association of Syrian Certified AccountantsThe British Accounting & Finance Association (BAFA)
- BAFA’ International Accounting and Corporate Governance Special Interest Group
- CPA; a member of the Syrian Association of the Certified Public Accountants.
I have supervised students in the areas of International Auditing, Financial Reporting, Corporate Governance, Fraud and Risk Management, IFRS, Earning Management and Accounting Education. I would be interested in supervising future doctoral students in these areas.