Dr. Michelle Howarth
School of Health and Society
Mary Seacole Room 1.65
Please email for an appointment.
Senior Lecturer in Nursing
Dr Michelle Howarth is a Senior Lecturer in Nursing at the University of Salford and Deputy Director for PGR. Michelle has a specialist interest in social prescribing and the use of nature based, person centred approaches to promote health and wellbeing. Michelle is passionate about promoting personalised care to support people with long term conditions and leads the National Social Prescribing Network Special Interest Group for Nursing through which she is actively campaigning to raise awareness of social prescribing amongst nurses through research, curriculum development and placement opportunities.
Areas of research
Social Prescribing, Personalised Care, Green Social Prescribing
- Project Management
- Social Prescribing
- Personlaised care
- Green social prescriptions
- Member of the Centre for Social and Health Research
- Trustee on the Self-Care Fourm Board
- Trustee on the Board of Directors for Social Farms & Gardens
- Member of the National Social Prescribing Network