School of Health and Society
Over 28 years experience of providing Sports Science and Strength and Conditioning support to elite athletes and top tier/international teams including Premiership Football, Super League Rugby League, Premiership Rugby Union, First Class Cricket, Professional Boxing, Olympic and Commonwealth Swimming, Professional Cycling, GB Mountain Biking, Triathlon, Athletics, Professional Ice Hockey, Olympic Volleyball, Golf.
Particular interest in adopting an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to performance enhancement.
- Fundamentals of Exercise and Conditioning
- Functional Rehabilitation
- Advanced Human Performance
- Strength and power development in athletes
- Injury prevention
- The effect of coordinative based movement interventions on markers of cognition in healthy individuals, of different ages
- The effects of exercise modalities on insulin sensitivity
Academic lead for the University on a joint research project with GMFRS - The development and validation of a remote physiological monitoring device for determining core body temperature.
- MSc Nutrition and Physical Activity - St. Bartholemew's and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science - University of Brighton
- CSCS*D – certified since 1999