School of Health and Society
Senior Lecturer in Rehabilitation; University Lead Physiological Monitoring Group; Directorate Enterprise and Engagement Lead
Over 35 years experience of providing Sports Science, Strength and Conditioning, and Health and Wellbeing support to elite athletes, top tier/international teams, military units, and the emergency services, including UK and US Fire Departments, Premiership Football, Super League Rugby League, Premiership Rugby Union, First Class Cricket, Professional Boxing, Olympic and Commonwealth Swimming, Professional Cycling, GB Mountain Biking, Triathlon, Athletics, Professional Ice Hockey, Olympic Volleyball, Golf.
Particular interest in adopting an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to performance enhancement and rehabilitation.
Recent projects include:
- Determination of optimal methods to monitor the health physiology of tactical populations in hazardous operational environments.
- Training interventions to optimise performance and minimise injury in tactical populations.
- Blood glucose monitoring to determine optimal training intensity in elite athletes.
- Strength and Conditioning
- Human Performance
- Strength and power development in athletes
- Injury prevention
- The effects of exercise modalities on clinical populations
- Health and wellbeing of emergency services personnel working in hazardous environments
- MSc Nutrition and Physical Activity - St. Bartholemew's and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London
- BSc (Hons) Sports Science - University of Brighton
- CSCS*D – certified since 1999