Dr. Martin Hope
School of Science, Engineering and Environment
From 1980 to 1993 I completed a twelve year contract in H.M. forces My work focused mainly on the fault diagnosis, rectification and maintenance of ground to air missile systems, three dimensional and secondary surveillance radar systems, and the associated display and processing suites.
In 1994 I was recruited by the University of Derby as a multimedia programmer, and after graduating from Anglia Polytechnic University with an honors degree in Electronic Engineering, I was appointed Head of Multimedia Development.
In 1997 I was recruited by the University of Salford as a Research Assistant employed on an EPSRC MNA research program investigating the use of high bandwidth mobile multimedia communications systems. In March 2000 I was appointed as a Research Fellow, in the Centre for Network and Telecommunications Research where my research considered the climatic effects on the long-term data transmission performance of high bandwidth communication lasers. In 2001 I was appointed as a Lecturer in the School of Acoustics and Electronics and In 2002 I obtained a research award from the Nuffield Foundation for newly appointed lecturers in Science, Engineering and Mathematics.
I obtained my PhD at the University of Salford in the field of mobile and wireless communications and he is currently a member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers and is a registered Chartered Engineer.
- Level 5 Animation Techniques 2001 – 2002
- Level 5 High Level Programming 2001 – 2004
- Level 7 Transmission Media 2001 – 2002
- Level 5 Client Server Systems 2000 – 2001
- Level 7 Software Engineering 2003 -– 2004
- Level 5 Data Communications 2005 – 2006
- Level 6 Programming for Mobile Platforms 2007 – 2010
- Level 6 Programming in C++ 2007 – 2010
- Level 7 Wireless Communications 1999 – 2010
- Level 6 Advanced Network Technologies 2006- 2013
- Level 5 Network Simulation 2010 - 2013
- Level 7 Communication System Modelling and Simulation 2010 - 2013
- Level 7 Wireless and Mobile Telecommunications 2010 – 2013
Wireless Communications: WLAN systems, Ad-Hoc wireless networks, Ultra Wideband and Wireless Sensor Networks.
- BEng (Hons). PhD, CEng, MIET.
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering (Anglia University, Cambridge). 1996
- PhD Wireless Communications (The University of Salford). 2003