School of Health and Society
Teaching & Learning Intern (Children & Young People's Nursing)
Louise graduated as a Registered Nurse for Children in 2006 and has experience of care delivery within a variety of specialties including endocrinology, respiratory and neurology. Louise began her career at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital where she gained an interest in safeguarding and caring for children with complex needs. To gain community experience in this field Louise worked as a special needs school nurse.
Prior to joining the university, Louise worked as a Specialist Practitioner for a highly specialised service. During her time in post she developed integrated care pathways for elective admissions to improve patient experience. Undertaking nurse led-clinics, Louise obtained a postgraduate qualification in Paediatric Clinical Examination skills; improving service delivery. Louise was involved in the delivery of education and mentoring of students and staff and developed the specialist nursing service as a spoke placement to enhance student learning and experience.
Key teaching roles include:
- Personal Tutor to September 2017 Bsc Nursing (CYP) UG Group
- Trainee Nursing Associate Programme - Personal Teacher and Module Lead
- Preparation for Role Transition UG Module
- Children and young people's nursing,
- Simulated learning & nursing practice,
- Anatomy & physiology
Louise shows an abundant of passion and care about giving children and young people a voice. A current research interest is identifying areas which will improve children and young peoples health and wellbeing outcomes. Her key interests revolve around the area of safeguarding, advocacy and the effect a long term health condition can have on the child and their family.
- 2006: DiHE with Advanced Standard Children's Nursing (University of Salford)
- 2009: BSc (Hons) Acute Child Care (University of Salford)
- 2012: Postgraduate Qualification Preparation for Mentorship (University of Salford)
- 2013: Postgraduate Qualification Level 7 Peadiatric Clinical Examination Skills (Liverpool Johns Moore University)