School of Health and Society
Lecturer Practitioner in Emergency Nursing
Academic career within Emergency Nurse Practitioner preparation and Advanced Practice Professional Development Lead within the Emergency Department Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- One of the original author of the Manchester Triage System and co-edited the 2006 2nd edition and 2014 3rd Edition.
- Outgoing Vice President of the National Major Trauma Nursing Group.
- Board level involvement with the Trauma Nursing Core Course since its introduction into the UK in 1990. Currently Director of Education.
- Member of RCEM, NHS England Advanced Clinical Practitioner Curriculum Working group.
- Module Leader Developing Clinical Skills - Level 6 & 7, preparation of Nurse Practitioners – three branches, Injury, Illness & Paediatric
- MSc Advanced Practice - Module leader Practitioner Competence and Portfolio lead throughout the MSc. program
- Teaching input for: Clinical Examination and Independent Learning Modules MSc Advanced Practice