Dr. Jenny Ceolta-Smith
School of Health and Society
I graduated from the University College of Ripon and York St John in 1994. I went on to work as a practitioner and manager in occupational therapy. My work included adult physical and mental health services in the UK which were delivered by the NHS, social serviced and private sector. I have particular expertise in working in intermediate care and vocational rehabilitation services. I have taught occupational therapy for a year in Bangladesh and Masters students undertaking vocational rehabilitation studies at Sheffield Hallam University. I joined the Directorate of Occupational Therapy at the University of Salford in 2014. I am the International Lead for the Directorate of Occupational Therapy. I have recently been co-opted as a trustee of the Vocational Rehabilitation Association.
Undergraduate and post graduate including the Masters in Occupational and Vocational Rehabilitation.
My research interest centre around health, work and inequalities. I am particularly interested in health-related support within welfare-to-work provision and emerging roles for occupational therapists within vocational rehabilitation fields and any related professional and ethical challenges.
- PhD - Sheffield Hallam University
- Master of Business Administration - Huddersfield University
- BHs (Hons) in Occupational Therapy - The University College of Ripon and York St John.
- British Association of Occupational Therapists
- Health and Care Professions Council
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Association