School of Arts and Media
Lecturer in Fashion Design
I joined the University of Salford in 2019 as Lecturer in Fashion Design. My teaching and course leading experience began at London College of Fashion in 2008 and more recently at MMU.
My teaching across levels on the course considers the value of research and process within design and preparing students to understand the context of their own world within the industry at large.
My current practice is in ceramics and the relationship/need for interdisciplinarity across the spectrum of Art and Design. Exploring process and the element of chance and spontaneity to provide new forms of outputs.
- ‘SUMMER OF CERAMICS’ (Group Show) Doddington Hall, Lincoln, JULY -SEP 2019
- ‘SIGNIFICANT FORM’ (Group Show) Thrown Contemporary, Highgate, London JUNE-AUGUST 2019
- ‘NEW BEGINNINGS’ (Group Show) Porthminster Gallery, St Ives, Cornwall FEBRUARY-MARCH 2019.
- ‘LONDON ART FAIR’, New Vessels shown alongside 7 other ceramics artists. Represented by Thrown Contemporary, Highgate, London JANUARY 2019
- ‘PRIMARY COLOUR’ (Group Show) Thrown Contemporary, Highgate, London JUNE/JULY 2018
- A small focussed group show of 4 contemporary ceramicists showcasing work that explores exciting approaches to colour and surface.
- ‘INTRODUCTIONS’ (Group Show) Thrown Contemporary, Highgate, London MARCH 2018
Previous research was in equality and inclusive practices within the fashion education system around student muses.