Dr. Jackie Leigh
School of Health and Society
Reader teaching and learning
I am the first reader teaching and learning in the school. I have a specialist interest in practice learning and I am the lead for the Educational Research and Scholarship research cluster. I am passionate about staff development and leadership development.
I am a healthcare leadership model 360 feedback facilitator and Executive coach. I am non -executive director healthwatch Salford.
I have been awarded multiple tenders and most recently awarded £50,000 to develop and deliver a higher level apprenticeship for executive leadership in schools.
Areas of research
Practice-Learning, Pedagogical, Leadership and Leadership Evaluation, Workforce Development
Practice Learning Lead whereby I lead on the vision of the practice based learning across the fields of nursing, social work and joint learning disabilities and nursing programmes.
Pathway Lead for the MSc Nursing (Education) and module lead the MSc Leading Education in Practice Module.
Programme Leader :
- MSc Leading Education for Health and Social Care Reform, Post Graduate Certificate Leading Education in Practice: Stage 3 Practice Teacher
My research interests are within the field of innovative pedagogies and practice learning. My phD explored the role of the nurse situated within the practice education partnership and I have multiple publications around the patchwork text assessment.
- PhD, Awarded June 2012
- MSc Health Professional Education 1999,University of Huddersfield
- NMC Recognised Teaching Award (integral component of MSc Health Professional Education 1999, University of Huddersfield
- BSc (Hon’s) Nursing 1996, University of London
- ENB Higher Award (216) Stoma Care, Level 3, 1996, University of Salford
- Principal Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Executive Coach
- Registered General Nurse 1986, South Manchester School of Nursing