School of Arts and Media
Delivers modules on the BA (Hons) in Digital Media Arts program at Lu Xun Academy of Fine Arts, China – an International partner of the University of Salford. Subjects taught include visual communication, digital art, motion graphics, branding, user experience design and 2D design. Areas of pedological interest include critical thinking, experimentation and conceptualization in interdisciplinary practices and professional development.
Fiona Cashell is an interdisciplinary artist exploring the boundaries and artistic use of photography, performance, video and sound, site-specific installation, text, textiles, painting and print. Research within her practice includes philosophy and psychology, with a specific focus on phenomenology, the self, otherness, sense, consciousness and cognitive aesthetics. She exhibits widely and attends international residencies yearly. Her work has been featured in publications such as The Woven Press, A5 Magazine and The Dublin Inquirer. Awards have included the Individual Artist Bursary Award from South Dublin County Council (Ireland), the Dorothy L. Pieper Award (Stony Brook University, New York), and the Irish Arts Council Travel and Training Award (Ireland).
- MFA in Studio Art, Stony Brook University, USA
- Graduate Certificate in Art & Philosophy, Stony Brook University, USA.
- MSc in Advertising, specializing in Art Direction, Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- BDes in Visual Communication, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- Advisory Board Member, SAH Journal (Studies in Arts and Humanities), Ireland.
- Professional Member, Teaching Council of Ireland.
- Professional Member, VAI (Visual Artists Ireland), Ireland.
- Professional Member, INSEA (International Society for Education Through Art), A UNESCO Partner.
- Individual Member, NAMAC (National Alliance for Media Arts + Culture), USA.
- Member, Forum Klanglandschaft, Italy.