Salford Business School
Lecturer in Accounting
I am a qualified accountant (FCCA) with in excess of 15 years professional accounting / auditing / consulting experience gained primarily in the SME and (International) Not-for-Profit sector. I have also worked for Big 4 in the UK and overseas.
I switched to academia in 2009 and initially spent 18 months in further education with The Manchester College. I was appointed as a Senior Lecturer by Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) in August 2010 where I was Inspirational Teacher of the Year - 2012 / 2013 & 2013 / 2014.
In October 2014 I was hired as Head of Programme – Undergraduate – (Accounting, Marketing, Tourism) by York St. John University (YSJ). I managed a total of seven undergraduate programmes, undertook line management responsibility and carried out extensive curriculum development. This resulted in a suite of cutting edge and innovative programmes, seven commendations by external panellists and significant professional body accreditation / recognition including ACCA, CMI, CIM, and TMI.
I was also responsible for marketing and recruitment which eventually resulted in a material increase in undergraduate students across the business school at YSJ.
I am passionate about quality assurance and international higher education and consequently hold the following external roles:
- External Examiner & Panelist for Cardiff Metropolitan University - Overseas partners - (Ongoing)
- External Examiner for De Broc School of Business, University of Law - (Ongoing)
- External Examiner & Setter for NCC Education Ltd (Level 3 & Level 7) - (Ongoing)
- AIA Independent Examiner - (Association of International Accountants) - (Ongoing)
- Member of WJEC HE subject advisory group for A Level Business Studies - (Ongoing)
- EDEXCEL / LCCI Accounting Examiner - (Ongoing)
- External Examiner for Manchester Metropolitan University - Faculty of Business & Law (L6 & L7) - (Completed)
- External Examiner & Panelist (Overseas) for University of Staffordshire - Asia Pacific University, Malaysia (L6 & L7) - (Completed)
- University of Liverpool - China - IBSS - External Reviewer - (Completed)
I am inspired by great metaphysicians such as Rumi and St. Francis of Assisi. The Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius is my favourite historical statesmen. Finally I am enthused by the work ethic and professionalism of the Navy Seals - Team 6.
- Principles of Accounting (Non-Accountants) (L4)
- Financial Accounting (L5)
- Business Taxation (L6)
- Business Finance (L6)
- Philosophical Inquiry
- Accounting Pedagogy
- Accounting Fraud
- Accounting History
- Financial Reporting
- Practical Axiology / Ethics.
- BSc. (Hons) Economics – with studies in Canada
- PhD (Candidate)