Dr. Claire Mercer
School of Health and Society
Head of Radiography
Claire currently joined the University of Salford in 2015 and is now the Head of Radiography with external roles including membership of the organising committee for the Symposium Mammographicum Conference together with several external advisory roles. Claire qualified as a Radiographer in 1995 progressing into Mammography (2000), Advanced Practice (2002) and breast centre programme management (2003), with a MSc with distinction in Advanced Medical Imaging (2011) and a PhD (2015) centred around breast compression. Claire has focused research outcomes within breast imaging, focusing on the practical issues faced in the clinical environment, such as compression force variability and the standardisation of positioning technique.
Areas of research
Breast imaging, Breast compression, Positioning technique in mammography
- MSc Module leader - Mammography modules
Focused research within breast imaging, focusing on the practical issues faced in the clinical environment, such as compression force variability and the standardisation of positioning technique.
- 1995 BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography - University of S. Martins, Lancaster
- 2011 MSc Advanced Medical Imaging (Radiograpy) with Distinction - University of Salford
- 2015 PhD - University of Salford
- 2016 Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice - University of Salford
- Society of Radiographers
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy