School of Science, Engineering and Environment
Peel Building - Room 304
Office hours: flexible - usually Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Teaching Fellow – Safety, Health and Environment
I am a Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner and a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. I have had a long career in various Environmental Health roles and senior leadership positions in two large local authorities – leading on the delivery of employee wellbeing, occupational health and health and safety services. After qualifying in Environmental Health, I gained post graduate qualifications such as an MSc in Occupational Safety and Health and an MBA.
My previous areas of research have included: risk perception and communication; the development of a local authority employee wellbeing strategy; the safety and wholesomeness of irradiated food; and occupationally related Leptospirosis. I have developed and chaired a national conference on Food Poverty.
I am now teaching on both Master’s and undergraduate courses and I am the Module Leader for Safety Conservation.
I am the Module Leader for Safety Conservation, but I also teach on: Occupational Health and Hygiene; Occupational Risk Management; Standards and Auditing modules.
- Using the workplace setting to reduce health inequalities.
- Risk perception and communication.
- Inclusion in the workplace.
- Occupational Psychology – human factors.
- MSc Occupational Safety and Health.
- MBA (Master in Business Administration).
- Dip. Environmental Health with EHORB (Env Health Officers Registration Board).
- PG Dip. Health and Safety.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety.
- Chartered Member of Institute of Environmental Health.
- Chartered Member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health