School of Health and Society
Please email for an appointment.
Lecturer, Programme Leader MSc Nuclear Medicine Imaging
Qualified as a radiographer in 1998 and has worked as a radiographer at Hope hospital (now Salford Royal) and St Helens and Knowlsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
In 2002 completed the PGDip Nuclear medicine and in 2004 completed the MSc in Nuclear Medicine. Joined the university in 2006. 2007 completed the PGCert in Higher Education and Research Became programme leader for the MSc Nuclear Medicine Imaging in 2010. Currently studying towards PhD with a focus into developing methods for measuring and calculating radiation dose and effective risk from radiological investigations.
Areas of research
Radiography, Dosimetry, Optimisation
- Physics and Equipment of Radiography for Radiographers, Dental Nurses and Other Healthcare Professionals
- Nuclear Medicine
- Radiation Protection
- Quality Control Procedures
- Radiation Dose Measurement and Calculation
- Optimisation of Imaging Parameters
- MSc Nuclear Medicine
- PGCert Higher Education and Research
- BSc(Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
- Society of Radiographers
- British Nuclear Medicine Society
- Society of Radiographers Nuclear Medicine Advisory Group
- College of Health and Social Care Clinical Services Governance Board