School of Health and Society
Lecturer in Podiatry
I worked within the NHS for 12 years before moving into full time academia with the University of Salford in 2005. I worked as a Specialist Podiatrist within Rheumatology at Wrightington Hospital, Lancs and have carried on working within this specialist area as a focus for my own research gaining a Masters in Professional Development (with a primary focus in rheumatology) in 2007. I am currently completing a PhD by Published Works with a focus on developing foot health education for people with rheumatoid arthritis.
Currently I work as a part-time lecturer in Podiatry in the Directorate of Prosthetics & Orthotics and Podiatry, lecturing on the undergraduate programme and post-graduate PG cert in Lower Limb Health, Disease and Rehabilitation, in addition to working in private practice.
Undergraduate - I am a key member of the Level 4 and Level 6 teaching teams teaching clinical assessment and diagnostic skills at both levels in the clinical and classroom environment. In addition I deliver keynotes lectures in the subject areas of Vascular Assessment/Management, Patient Education and Private Practice within the Level 6 modules of Diagnosis and Management 1 and Management and Leadership in Clinical Practice 1.
Postgraduate – for the PG Cert in Lower Limb Health, Disease and Rehabilitation I am Module Leader for the module: Patient Focused Approach to Lower Limb Assessment and a member of the module team for the module: Management of the Lower Limb in Health Disease and Rehabilitation. As part of this programme (and in addition to the administrative role as Module Leader) I provide keynote lectures in Patient Education and Woundcare, run Masterclass days, provide academic support and formative feedback, together with summative assessment of the module cohort.
- The impact of rheumatoid arthritis on the foot and lower limb
- Patient Education
- Foot Health Education related to Rheumatoid Arthritis
- BSc (Hons) Podiatry (from University of Salford). 2007
- MSc Professional Development (from University of Salford). 2008
- PG Cert Higher Education Research (from University of Salford).
- Member of Faculty: Faculty of Health & Social Care - From March 2005 to September 2010.
- Member of School: School of Health Sciences - From September 2011 to present.
- Member of School: School of Health, Sport & Rehabilitation Sciences - From March 2005 to September 2011.
- Member of College: College of Health & Social Care - From March 2005 to present.
- Member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists (SoCaP)
- Member of the British Health Professions in Rheumatology (BHPR)
- Member of the Podiatric Rheumatology Care Association (PRCA)