School of Health and Society
Lecturer in Nursing / Clinical simulation development and innovation lead
Registered Children’s nurse since 1997 and have worked in practice in a variety of settings. My main area of practice is Children’s Accident and Emergency and the child in the community setting. I have worked as a lecturer in children’s nursing since 2006 and my interests are with the care of the acutely ill child and high fidelity simulation.
I am the clinical simulation development and innovation lead for the school and much of my teaching and research involves the use of simulation in nurse education.
I am module leader for Nursing and Health (year 1, Semester 2, BSc (HONS) nursing)
I am currently studying for my PhD and my research is about the involvement of young people in CYP nurse education.
Currently I teach on a range of pre and post qualifying modules at Degree and Postgraduate level. Much of this teaching is delivered using simulation.
I am members of the following modules:
- Nursing and health (BSc)
- Nursing practice and decision-making (BSc) Child field of practice
- Pre-registration optional module (Sexual health)
- Clinical assessment of injury and illness in children (PQ module)
- Observation of clinical experience and simulated practice (postgraduate)
- Facilitator on the paediatric AIMS course
Participation with children and young people, simulation and service user involvement.
- RN (Dip HE in children's nursing)
- BSc (HONS) Upper second
- Pg Cert in higher education research and practice