The School of Health and Society
Find out about career opportunities within our School for Health & Society and be part of a team who are helping to change lives through ground-breaking research
The School of Health and Society is one of the largest providers of nursing, midwifery, social work and allied health professional education programmes in the UK.
We are a forward-thinking, dynamic school with a commitment to lifelong learning and real-world impact.
Why join our team?
- Collaboration is at the heart of what we do - working with us means you'll be part of a broad network of professionals who are experts in their fields
- We are a diverse community from all over the world - we value diversity and recognise it makes us stronger
- We deliver world class research that is changing lives
- Our award winning facilities mean that students are gaining real life experience for their futures
- We are passionate and innovative
- We work together, and together, we achieve great things
We are a forward-thinking, dynamic school with a commitment to lifelong learning and real-world impact. Combining innovative teaching with hands-on skills development, the school offers undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD programmes across a range of subject areas including:
Counselling and Psychotherapy / Criminology / Midwifery / Nursing / Occupational Therapy / Physiotherapy / Podiatry / Prosthetics and Orthotics / Psychology / Public Health / Radiography / Social Work / Social Policy / Sociology / Sports and Exercise
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave plus the option to buy additional days
- Professional development - a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Wellbeing – your wellbeing is our priority. We have a wide range of dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health
- Sustainable Salford - We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
- Location and campuses - Our location sets us apart. We are just 2km from Manchester city centre. Our Peel Park campus is unique and offers lots of green spaces and a wide range of facilities on site
- Team Salford - By joining us, you can be part of our ambitious journey and help make a real difference to the people and communities we support
Collaboration is at the heart of what we do, working with a wide range of industry partners across health and social care to produce highly skilled graduates with real work experience.
Key partners include the NHS, Stockport and Tameside Trusts, local authorities and social care units, prisons and the Greater Manchester Police.
Did you know?
- The largest provider of Allied Health Professions undergraduate education in the North-West
- The largest provider of nursing and midwifery education in the North-West
- Third largest provider of Nursing undergraduate education in the country (HESA 2019/20)