Fees and funding

A student at the University of Salford

As a student at the University of Salford, you will need to pay for your tuition fees and cover your living expenses. Find out more about the costs of studying here and explore the scholarships and financial support available.  

Students from the EU

From September 2021, students from the EU will be charged the international fee and be required to pay a study deposit. More details on fees and deposits are given below.

Tuition fees

Tuition fees vary according to the course you study and your fee status. We will assess your fee status when you apply. For international students, fees range from £10,200 to £13,300 for undergraduate courses (including the International Foundation Year) and £12,000 to £19,000 for postgraduate taught courses. Exact fees for all undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses are shown on our course pages. Fees for postgraduate research degrees can be viewed on our postgraduate research pages.

Do I need to pay a deposit?

All self-funded students studying the international foundation year, an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, are required to pay a deposit of £4,400. We offer US students a waiver on this requirement once they have been approved for a US loan.

Once you receive your offer letter, this will include information on how to pay your deposit.

How do I pay?

If you are self-funding your studies, you have the option to pay your tuition fees in full or you could pay in 5 installments (starting the month after the course commencement date). If you choose to pay in full, we offer a prompt payment discount of 3% on the net fee remaining after any scholarship has been applied. For more information, please visit our askUS site (see the section on self-funding students). 

Sponsored students

If you are expecting an external organisation like an embassy, your employer or a government organisation to pay some or all of your tuition fees, you must send us an official letter from your sponsor at the beginning of each academic year. For more information, please visit our askUS site (see the section on sponsored students). 

Do you offer scholarships and bursaries?

We offer a range of scholarships and bursaries to support high achieving international students. Find out more on our scholarships page.

What is the cost of living?

We advise students to budget a minimum of £9,135 for each year of undergraduate and postgraduate study, in addition to tuition fees. The Home Office (UKVI) has set the amount of maintenance funds you need to have available, this is £1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying outside London or anywhere else in the UK for the majority of your study. This amount should cover accommodation, food, entertainment, transport, books, insurance and other living expenses. Some students will require more than this, it depends on your lifestyle. To find out more, please see the information available on the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.