Self-Funding Students and how to Pay your Fees
Paying your tuition fee is an integral part of the registration process at the University. If you do not arrange payment of your fee in advance of your arrival, you must do so when you register.
If you are an international student, you will be required to pay a deposit of £5500 unless you are sponsored (see sponsored students tab on our Tuition Fees page). This deposit is only refundable in the event of a visa refusal.
Be aware: Fraudsters target students, especially around tuition fee payments, and often ask for personal information or to pay money. This can be over an email, text message, phone call or on social media. To stay safe, pay your fees via our online portal and contact our Income and Treasury team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
Prompt payment discount
If you are self-funding your studies, you can pay for your tuition in full at or before registration* or in instalments by setting up a payment plan. Failure to keep up with instalments may result in your student status being cancelled and you will be asked to leave your course.
* If you paid 100% of your fees at or before registration, you can request a refund of the 3% overpayment by contacting the Income and Treasury team after registration. Please note the refund will be credited back to the original payer using the same method of payment.
Ways to pay
- Online with a debit/credit card via our online payments centre
- In instalments by debit or credit card set up at registration online - Recurring Card Payment (RCP)
- International Bank Transfer, Card and E-wallet - Flywire
For security reasons the University does not accept cash for payment of Tuition Fees. We do not recommend students carry large amounts of cash. If you are considering bringing cash into the UK for other purposes, then please be aware that there are laws around the amounts you can bring/need to declare. Further information can be found on the Gov.uk site.
During your online registration an instalment plan can be set up to cover payment of your tuition fees. The instalment plan you are offered will depend on which course type you are studying. Most instalment plans start one month after course commencement date and run over consecutive months.
During the online registration process self-funding undergraduate students will be offered the option of five consecutive monthly instalments or payment in full to receive a 3% discount. International students will also have to pay the £5500 deposit.
Postgraduate students will be offered the choice of seven consecutive monthly instalments or payment in full to receive a 3% discount. International students will also have to pay the £5500 deposit. Home (UK) postgraduate students will also be offered an option of three termly instalments - this is in line with postgraduate loan payments from Student Finance.
Changing your payment card
Do you need to change the card you have your instalment plan set up with? Please click visit our payments portal and enter the email address used when you set your plan up. A secure email will then be sent to you where you can update your card details.
International payments and bank transfers
International bank transfer, card and e-wallet solutions: Flywire
The University of Salford has partnered with Flywire to offer a secure way for international students to make tuition fee payments from your home country. You can pay your £5500 international deposit or full academic years fee using Flywire. If you are an international student from Nigeria please read our guide on how to pay via Flywire.
Flywire is The University of Salford’s preferred method for international bank transfers and offers the following benefits:
- Allows you to pay in over 150 currencies (including Alipay, Union Pay and JCB card)
- Save money on bank fees and exchange rates
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Pay by bank transfer, credit/debit card, or e-wallet solutions
- Track your payment online 24/7
- Receive email and text updates regarding your payment status
- 24/7 dedicated multilingual customer support
Visit salford.flywire.com to begin the payment process.