Using your Advantage Account
Welcome to Advantage, an online system that gives access to all the Careers and Employability services that are available for our students and graduates, staff and employers.
For Students and Graduates
These services and opportunities are aimed to help you develop skills to make the most of your time as a student and capitalise on employment opportunities after you graduate.
Find out about:
- Current vacancies: a searchable database of paid and volunteer opportunities, graduate jobs, placements, work experience and internships.
- Events: employer presentations, careers fairs, and enterprise activities
- Workshops – find and book onto career and skills development workshops to suit your needs, for example: improve your CV, learn how to plan your assignment, job searching strategies and much more.
- Resources: easy to access information at a glance: Customise your Advantage home page and discover the wealth of information we have to offer, such as fact sheets, how to guides, sources of vacancies, sample CVs, links, news and FAQs
- Careers Advice: book an appointment, ask us a question!
Advantage lets you decide what information and services are relevant to you, so choose the categories which interest you the most. Don’t worry! You won’t miss out on any services or opportunities by setting your preferences; you can still look through all content in other categories.
Direct your students to Advantage to view the range of services available to help them increase their employability.
We also run bespoke Careers & Employability workshops on request. If you feel your students would benefit from a particular workshop, then please fill out our booking form.
For Employers & Businesses
Give your business a unique opportunity to attract some of the North West's best students and graduates, and tap into the talent and skills that they can offer. Click here for more information.
Who will see this information?
This information is accessible to specific people within the University and the Students’ Union who input information into the system and who manage the system.
Who owns the information?
You own your own information but by virtue of it being in the system, you give permission for the University to use the information in an anonymised manner.
Can I have a copy of the information?
Yes, simply email askUS@salford.ac.uk and request a copy and it will be sent to you within 4 weeks.