Support for disabled international students

Support is available for all international students who have a disability or health condition. This might include, but is not limited to:

  • Autism Spectrum Conditions   
  • ADHD   
  • Dyslexia, dyspraxia and other specific learning difficulties  
  • Mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety and bipolar  
  • Mobility conditions such as muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy  
  • Physical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy and chronic fatigue   
  • Long-term health conditions such as HIV and cancer  
  • d/Deaf and hard-of-hearing   
  • Visual impairments   
  • Temporary injuries such as broken bones

Please be assured that sharing information about your disability with us will not affect your application to study. 

You are welcome to contact Disability Inclusion Service directly with any questions around possible support, by emailing or calling us on 0161 295 0023 (option 1, option 2).

Inclusive and accessible teaching

We strive to ensure everyone gets an accessible learning experience whilst studying with us. Inclusive and Accessible Teaching recommendations apply to all students, and include:  

  • Lecture materials are released a minimum of 24 hours in advance for a scheduled session where possible.  
  • Permission to record most taught sessions with your own recording device. 

Read our Inclusive Support Statement for more information.

Reasonable Adjustments Plans (RAPs)

After registering with our service, you will be able to get a Reasonable Adjustments Plan (RAP). A RAP can cover a range of recommendations, including:

  • Exam and assessment adjustments such as 25% extra time, rest breaks, a smaller room to sit exams and exam papers in alternative format (large font size, coloured paper).  
  • Teaching and learning adjustments such as presenting to a smaller group of people or rest breaks in lab sessions.   
  • On-campus adjustments such as ergonomic seating or access to a locker. 
  • Where eligible, access to 1:1 study skills support and mentoring.  
  • Information around assistive technology to support you with your studies.

Personal/social care

Please note we are unable to arrange and fund any support you require in relation to personal and/or social care.  If this is support you’ll require during your studies you will need to make any necessary arrangements prior to coming to the UK.

How to get support

Please fill out our registration form (or, if you’re a prospective student, our prospective registration form). 

You will also need to submit medical evidence of your condition. We recommend you read our guidance on what medical evidence we accept. 

If you need support with medical evidence or filling in our registration form, please contact: