If you are thinking of working in different countries around the world, there are several resources that can help you.
- AGCAS country guides are useful when looking for work across the globe. Information from AGCAS can be found on Targetjobs at working abroad or studying abroad.
- Prospects working abroad and gap year detail a range of information for a number of countries, including job market and work experience information, job vacancy search engines and information on visas.
Gap year opportunities
GoinGlobal is useful for both international students planning to return home and students and graduates looking to explore career opportunities in a new country. Each Goin Global profile includes:
Erasmus European exchanges
Find out about opportunities for international academic study or work placement. Erasmus Impact Study Press release from europa.eu detailing information about an Erasmus and employability.
Working abroad: country guides and job boards
GradAustralia is a good careers and jobs information resource for students or graduates thinking of a career in Australia.
Jing Jobs offers a large range of internships and positions in China spanning multiple industries, from technology and engineering to marketing and business development.
Gradlink is designed specifically for students/graduates from China, India and Malaysia at HE institutions right across the UK. Information on the websites include:
- Graduate jobs-boards
- Profiles of 100+ employers – where employers provide latest graduate vacancies, give advice, link to their social media etc.
- Profiles of international graduates from across the UK
- Extensive advice sections
- Latest news and events
- GradLink social media including Weibo, RenRen, Facebook etc.
- E-newsletter subscription – students (and careers professionals) are welcome to subscribe
EUROGRADUATE (The European Graduate Careers Guide) - find out about working and studying abroad, managing cultural differences, learning languages, business education and entrepreneurial opportunities in Europe. EUROGRADUATE also includes news from the automotive, engineering, travel and finance sectors as well as recruitment trends in these industries.
- Fulbright: Postgraduate study opportunities in the USA.
- Go International - Website which provides statistics and research for study abroad,as well as opportunities for study and work and funding. Information is also provided on the benefits of studying/ working abroad.
- Gone International: the value of mobility: a report on the 2013/14 graduate cohort and the value of undertaking working abroad opportunities.
- International Business Culture and Etiquette: The Salford Business School have developed this website with information about working in a range of European countries. The website includes information on business etiquette and culture.
- OECD (The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) Insights to country statistics.
- Passport Career - an online global career strategy program for career advancement.
- Student Circus - Website aimed at International students who want to stay and work in the UK.
- Working in the EU - collection of useful websites for working within the European Union.
If you have any questions or don’t know where you should start, contact askUS for help.
Phone: 0161 295 0023