Why become self-employed, a freelancer or start your own business? There are many reasons and benefits why people choose this career path. Most people want to be their own boss. Others do it to make lots of money or even just to make a second income. Some relish the challenge of working for themselves, while others have no option but to go self-employed.
Our ‘Why Be Enterprising?’ Masterclass demonstrates how to go about starting your own business. We focus on what it means to be enterprising and the skills you need to become a successful entrepreneur. You will learn about the benefits of being self-employed and hopefully we will motivate you to put your business idea into action.
We’ll outline key personality traits and areas which are essential to develop in order to run a business. There will be a chance for self-reflection and using the Facets Model, you will get a chance to analyse how entrepreneurial you are based on your skill set.
- Am I Enterprising? Download Quiz...
- Think about your strengths and weaknesses and complete a SWOT analysis. How might you be able to use these to your advantage? Download the template here.
- Take the Enterprise Catalyst Quiz and download your entrepreneurial profile here.
- Becoming Self-Employed Guide
- Be Enterprising Video 1
- Be Enterprising Video 2
- Enterprise Events
- Enactus Student Society
- Start-up Donut
- Ask About Business
- 7 Tips for Generating Business Ideas
- 10 way to generate business ideas
- How to Find a Product to Sell Online: The Definitive Guide
- Starting a Business: the idea phase
- Start up business ideas
- Is there a formula for generating great business ideas?